How to Use This Site
JWST Deployment Sequence–To see the full resolution deployment sequence, click here
|Welcome to the new TRA website. Are you new to this site? If you haven’t registered recently (after Oct 2015), you will need to register (or navigate there by hovering your mouse over “Members” and then clicking on “Register” on the main menu) so that we can ensure that only valid members have access to our member database. Not a TRA member? Join on-line (Members->Member Join). For help on using our TRA website, click here.|
What’s New on the Site
- Success! Some of you noticed that our photo galleries of past TRA events were corrupted. We’ve finally restored the galleries, so if you would like to browse some of our old events, click on “Past Event Photos” under “TRA Events” in the Main Menu
- One of our members asked about Medigap insurance. If you have a plan that you like, please go to the Forums page and respond to her question. You can get there from the Main Menu, or Click on the recent Forum posting in the right hand column, or just click here.
- If you need to renew your faith in the future of mankind, consider volunteering to be a judge at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. The ISEF brings young people together from all over the world to present their science and engineering projects to be judged. This year the Fair is being held here in the Los Angeles Convention Center on May 14-19, so you won’t have to travel far to lend your expertise to a cause that is guaranteed to amaze you with the accomplishments and scope of the projects undertaken by boys and girls of middle and high school age. Some of the projects are truly unique and all that come to this competition are noteworthy enough to garner the interest of even the most skeptical. In other words, try it, you’ll like it. For more information, or to volunteer, please click here.
- We have posted the latest No Name Gazette (Mar/Apr). To see it, or to visit our archives, hover over the “Publications” tab on the Main Menu, or just click here. We also post versions of the Inside Aerospace magazine. To see them, click here
- We are sorry to pass on the following sad news:
- Martin H. Shuler’s daughter, Margaret, informed us that Martin passed away on March 20, 2017.
- Kurt Schmid’s daughter, Karin, wrote us to let us know that Kurt passed away on March 22, 2017. He was 94.
- NG employee Tim Moore has written us to say that his father, Bob Moore, passed away after a quick illness last Tuesday, March 27th on his 25th anniversary of his TRW retirement. Bob would have been 94 on April 26th. Bob really enjoyed visiting with his old-time TRW friends, but was not able to attend meetings as much lately because his vision became limited and it was hard for him to walk. We will post service information here when available. For more information about Bob from his son, or to leave a message, please see the comment by navigating on our main menu to “Members” > “In Memoriam” or by clicking here.
- Paula Weisgerber wrote us to say that her father, Phillip J. Weisgerber, passed away on January 13, 2017. He worked for TRW/Northrop since 1967 as a illustrator. He was 73 years old.
- Member Gloria La Mantia wrote to say that her husband, Anthony B. La Mantia, passed away February 8. He worked for 5 years on Milstar in computer graphics. Gloria says that “he taught me how to drive our Motor Home- now I can drive it to the Beach for Inspiration. I’m going to miss him–he took care of me.”
- We have added photos from the San Diego Chapter for their 2016 events. You can see all our photos by navigating from the main menu TRA Events > Past Event Photos
- Election Results for 2017 Officer: Thanks to all of our members who took time to vote. We received ballots from 29% of our members, roughly half by mail, and half via on-line voting. The 2017 Board of Directors will be:
- President: Mary Ann Chory
- Vice President: Al Hausrath
- Secretary: Michael Narigon
- Treasurer: Charles Clendening
- Newly elected Directors: Robert Doll, Rosalind Lee, and Jack Trost
- Carry-over Directors from 2016: Reggie Jue, Marcy Morrison, and Carol Schamp
To see a message from our new in-coming TRA President, click here.
- We have now posted an updated list of NG Clubs. Retirees are welcome to join as associate members. For details, click here.