How to Use This Site
JWST Deployment Sequence–To see the full resolution deployment sequence, click here
|Welcome to the new TRA website. Are you new to this site? If you haven’t registered recently (after Oct 2015), you will need to register (or navigate there by hovering your mouse over “Members” and then clicking on “Register” on the main menu) so that we can ensure that only valid members have access to our member database. Not a TRA member? Join on-line (Members->Member Join). For help on using our TRA website, click here.|
What’s New on the Site
- Some of you may have noticed that the photo galleries from our past events are no longer accessible. Not to fear! It was a technical issue with our host server, which will require us to re-post the galleries. We will have that fixed in the next few days.
- One of our members asked about Medigap insurance. If you have a plan that you like, please go to the Forums page and respond to her question. You can get there from the Main Menu, or Click on the recent Forum posting in the right hand column, or just click here.
- If you need to renew your faith in the future of mankind, consider volunteering to be a judge at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. The ISEF brings young people together from all over the world to present their science and engineering projects to be judged. This year the Fair is being held here in the Los Angeles Convention Center on May 14-19, so you won’t have to travel far to lend your expertise to a cause that is guaranteed to amaze you with the accomplishments and scope of the projects undertaken by boys and girls of middle and high school age. Some of the projects are truly unique and all that come to this competition are noteworthy enough to garner the interest of even the most skeptical. In other words, try it, you’ll like it. For more information, or to volunteer, please click here.
- We have posted the latest No Name Gazette (Mar/Apr). To see it, or to visit our archives, hover over the “Publications” tab on the Main Menu, or just click here. We also post versions of the Inside Aerospace magazine. To see them, click here
- We are sorry to pass on the following sad news:
- Bill Harper wrote us to say that he was saddened to learn that a former TRW workmate, Dr. Rene Doublier, passed away on January 28 at the age of 76. Rene was a good friend and an excellent flight instructor who had a sharp and penetrating intellect who got to the heart of all matters quickly and accurately. His wry commentary on a broad range of topics will be sorely missed.
- We heard the following from member Larry Lynn: February 1st Darryl Staab was diagnosed with Lymphoma, stage 3 and entered Torrance Memorial Hospital on Feb 2 and began chemotherapy treatments the following day. I received a call from Torrance Memorial 2/14/2017 at 10:12 PM that our friend Darryl M. Staab had passed away. The cancer had too much of a head start. He will be cremated and wanted no services or memorials. He did say that it would be okay if his friends got together for a few drinks a little later…
- Dennis Goodno passed away in his sleep after a series of chemo treaments. We have lost a great contributor to the I&T of many successful TRW programs.
- Sandy Friedfeld passed away on February 11 at age 82.
- One of our members, Ginny Oliver, wrote to inform us of the passing of a former TRW employee, Vivian Grace Kidwell, last December. Grace was 85.
- We have added photos from the San Diego Chapter for their 2016 events. You can see all our photos by navigating from the main menu TRA Events > Past Event Photos
- Election Results for 2017 Officer: Thanks to all of our members who took time to vote. We received ballots from 29% of our members, roughly half by mail, and half via on-line voting. The 2017 Board of Directors will be:
- President: Mary Ann Chory
- Vice President: Al Hausrath
- Secretary: Michael Narigon
- Treasurer: Charles Clendening
- Newly elected Directors: Robert Doll, Rosalind Lee, and Jack Trost
- Carry-over Directors from 2016: Reggie Jue, Marcy Morrison, and Carol Schamp
To see a message from our new in-coming TRA President, click here.
- We have now posted an updated list of NG Clubs. Retirees are welcome to join as associate members. For details, click here.