Welcome to the new TRA website. Are you new to this site? If you haven’t registered recently (after Oct 2015), you will need to register (or navigate there by hovering your mouse over “Members” and then clicking on “Register” on the main menu) so that we can ensure that only valid members have access to our member database. Not a TRA member? Join on-line (Members->Member Join). For help on using our TRA website, click here.
What’s New on the Site
- Do you have a question or comment about any topic that you would like to pose to the membership? That’s what the Forums are for! A member has posted a question about Towers-Watson. If you would like to comment, go to the Forums tab on the main menu, or just go to http://tra-spacepark.org/forums/forum/health-and-life-insurance/.
- Next month marks the 40th anniversary of the Viking 1 landing on Mars. TRW engineers proudly built two of the instrument packages on that lander. There are a number of commemoration events being planned, and we are looking for any Viking veterans interested in participating. For more information, click here.
- Mal Kong has documented his reminiscence about his years building the world’s most advanced communication satellite, Advanced EHF. To see the results, click here.
- We have now added the option of renewing your membership using either PayPal or a credit card. We are starting our membership drive, and you will receive a reminder in the mail. If you choose the convenience of using a credit card or your PayPal account to renew you membership, just navigate to the Membership Renewal page under the Members tab on the main menu, or just click here.
- We are sorry to pass on that we have lost the following retirees:
The family of Irvin “Buddy” Spielberg have reported that Buddy passed away last year, and would appreciate hearing from anyone with memories who would like to share with the family. To see their note, please click here.
Margaret Walker has written to let us know of the passing of her husband, Philip C. Walker, who was a Systems Engineer and Senior Project Manager at NG/TRW for over 30 years. Philip passed away on May 27, 2016.
We have heard from our San Diego chapter that Jan Wardlow has let them know that her husband, John Wardlow, passed away suddenly on June 6.
- If you’re interested in flying, see how Bill Harper and Phil Wyels are restoring a Travel Air biplane.
- Mal Kong has compiled a pictorial history of the Hardness & Survivability Organization.
- We have now posted an updated list of NG Clubs. Retirees are welcome to join as associate members. For details, click here.