How to Use This Site
JWST Deployment Sequence–To see the full resolution deployment sequence, click here
|Welcome to the new TRA website. Are you new to this site? If you haven’t registered recently (after Oct 2015), you will need to register (or navigate there by hovering your mouse over “Members” and then clicking on “Register” on the main menu) so that we can ensure that only valid members have access to our member database. Not a TRA member? Join on-line (Members->Member Join). For help on using our TRA website, click here.|
What’s New on the Site
- Registration for the 2017 Holiday Party is now available on-line. Click here to join us. Find out who you’ll see at the event, go to our Holiday Party Attendee page.
- On-line voting for the 2018 TRA Board of Directors is now closed. We will compile the on-line votes with email and mail-in ballot submissions and announce the new board shortly. Thank you for participating.
- The November/December 2017 No Name Gazette should be in your mailbox, but if you’d like to read an on-line version, please click here.
We have an opportunity to leverage our STEM experience and give back to society by volunteering to tutor under-resourced students. To find out more information, see our post by clicking here.
- We have posted the latest No Name Gazette (Sep/Oct). To see it, or to visit our archives, hover over the “Publications” tab on the Main Menu, or just click here. We also post versions of the Inside Aerospace magazine. To see them, click here
- For more information about passing of our colleagues, please visit our In Memoriam page. Meanwhile, we are sorry to pass on the following sad news:
- Tina Lee wrote us to let us know that her father, Albert C. Lee, passed away on September 7 at the age of 92. Albert started as an electrical engineer at Space Technology Laboratories
- Jerry Bullard’s wife, Patricia, wrote I am heartbroken to say that my dear Jerry passed away this morning after a fast-acting return of cancer. I know he would have wanted his work friends to know and to tell them how much he valued the friendship and experiences with his work colleagues. For more info, visit the In Memoriam page
- Jack Bohn, who worked at TRW for 30 years, passed away on Sept. 19 at age 87 after a year of declining health. Jack was a good friend of the TRA and also was a regular at the ATD annual reunion.
- We received word from Walt Pennington’s daughter than Walt passed away Sept. 12. Walt was the former site director at the Capistrano Test Facility.
- Robin Carnine, who was featured in our photos from our last holiday party dancing with a group of women, lost her battle with cancer on August 22.
- Robert Edward Patterson, who lead the Mission Assurance effort NG Space Technolgy, died last week after a decade long battle with Alzheimer’s Disease. He was 70. Gentle, strong, and infectiously optimistic, Bob finished his forty-year career in aerospace at NG. For a detailed obit, please click here.
- Mike Gearhart wrote us to tell us that his father, Jack B. Gearhart, passed away peacefully Christmas morning in his San Diego, California home at the age of 93 due to complications associated with Alzheimer’s Disease. Jack’s career included opportunities at McDonald Douglas, Northrop (the original company) STL and TRW. For more details, please visit our In-Memoriam page
- Kim Murry informed us of the passing of her mother, Agatha Reardon, after a long illness. Agatha worked for many years at TRW, retiring in 1992 and living an active life in San Luis Obispo. To see her obituary, please click here.
- Mary Buhta wrote to inform us of the passing of her husband, Pravin, who managed the Advanced Programs Technology Office. Pravin retired in 1992 after 30 years with TRA. For more information, and to learn about a celebration of life, please visit the In Memoriam page.
- We have added photos from the San Diego Chapter for their 2016 events. You can see all our photos by navigating from the main menu TRA Events > Past Event Photos
- We have now posted an updated list of NG Clubs. Retirees are welcome to join as associate members. For details, click here.