Welcome to the new TRA website. Are you new to this site? If you haven’t registered recently (after Oct 2015), you will need to register (or navigate there by hovering your mouse over “Members” and then clicking on “Register” on the main menu) so that we can ensure that only valid members have access to our member database. Not a TRA member? Join on-line (Members->Member Join). For help on using our TRA website, click here.
What’s New on the Site
- The Annual Summer Reunion is being held at the Space Park S-Cafeteria on Friday, August 12. Anyone interested in attending can sign up and pay on-line on our event page by clicking here.
- Do you have a question or comment about any topic that you would like to pose to the membership? That’s what the Forums are for! A member has posted a question about Towers-Watson. If you would like to comment, go to the Forums tab on the main menu, or just go to http://tra-spacepark.org/forums/forum/health-and-life-insurance/.
- July marks the 40th anniversary of the Viking 1 landing on Mars. TRW engineers proudly built two of the instrument packages on that lander. There are a number of commemoration events being planned, and we are looking for any Viking veterans interested in participating. For more information, click here.
- Mal Kong has documented his reminiscence about his years building the world’s most advanced communication satellite, Advanced EHF. To see the results, click here.
- We have now added the option of renewing your membership using either PayPal or a credit card. We are starting our membership drive, and you will receive a reminder in the mail. If you choose the convenience of using a credit card or your PayPal account to renew you membership, just navigate to the Membership Renewal page under the Members tab on the main menu, or just click here.
- We are sorry to pass on that we have lost the following retirees:
- Bob Patterson has died after a decade long battle with Alzheimer’s Disease at age 70. Bob was a long time TRW/NG alumnus who directed the Mission Assurance effort for Space & Technology Division. Please click here for more information.
- Carol Mills wrote us on behalf of Joan James. Joan’s work and her friends at TRW were central to her life. She made it very clear how important it was for her to have the announcement of her death included in your TRA Gazette. Please click here for more information.
- To see more, or to leave a comment on someone who has passed, go to our In Memoriam
- If you’re interested in flying, see how Bill Harper and Phil Wyels are restoring a Travel Air biplane.
- Mal Kong has compiled a pictorial history of the Hardness & Survivability Organization.
- We have now posted an updated list of NG Clubs. Retirees are welcome to join as associate members. For details, click here.