Welcome to the new TRA website. Are you new to this site? If you haven’t registered recently (after Oct 2015), you will need to register (or navigate there by hovering your mouse over “Members” and then clicking on “Register” on the main menu) so that we can ensure that only valid members have access to our member database. Not a TRA member? Join on-line (Members->Member Join). For help on using our TRA website, click here.
What’s New on the Site
- We have now added the option of renewing your membership using either PayPal or a credit card. We are starting our membership drive, and you will receive a reminder in the mail. If you choose the convenience of using a credit card or your PayPal account to renew you membership, just navigate to the Membership Renewal page under the Members tab on the main menu, or just click here.
- The JWST Mirrors have been mounted on the backplane and the secondary mirror deployed. This work was just completed in NASA’s JWST clean room at Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. In our high bays at Space Park, the full-scale engineering model of the sunshield has been fully deployed and the spacecraft assembly is continuing on schedule. The TRA is looking into arranging tours of our high bays for our members. If you think you might be interested, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our readers have pointed us to two recent obituaries that have appeared in local newspapers:
Readers Michael Edwards & Alexa Davis informed us that Gay Halvorsen Swanson passed away on February 19, 2016. Gay joined TRW in 1963 and spent the next 44 years at TRW/NG. For more information, click here.
Member Richard Sherwood pointed out that we also lost Dr. Albert Sabroff, who passed away April 11, 2016. Al joined STL in 1961, and retired in 1990 as Vice President of TRW’s Federal Systems Division. For more information, please click here.
For more information on recent passings, please see our In Memoriam page.
- Photos from the Spring Fling are now posted! The event was held on April 14 at the Ports ‘O Call restaurant in San Pedro.Thanks to Marcy Morrison and her team of volunteers for making it such a success, and to Mary Holcomb, who is the official event photographer for the TRA! If you were one of the lucky ones to attend, visit the photo page–there is almost certainly a photo of you in there somewhere. If you missed the event, visit the page and see the fun that you missed! Visit the page by clicking here, or navigate to the page by going to the main menu, and hovering over “TRA Events” and clicking on “Past Event Photos.”
- If you missed the show on the James Webb Space Telescope that aired on the Science Channel, you can stream it from the Discovery Channel website at http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/telescope/videos/telescope/. It features a number of our Northrop Grumman team members talking about what we’re building here at Space Park.
- If you’re interested in flying, see how Bill Harper and Phil Wyels are restoring a Travel Air biplane.
- Mal Kong has compiled a pictorial history of the Hardness & Survivability Organization.
- We have now posted an updated list of NG Clubs. Retirees are welcome to join as associate members. For details, click here.