How to Use This Site
Look what’s been going on in the M2 High Bay in Redondo Beach.
|Welcome to the new TRA website. Are you new to this site? If you haven’t registered recently (after Oct 2015), you will need to register (or navigate there by hovering your mouse over “Members” and then clicking on “Register” on the main menu) so that we can ensure that only valid members have access to our member database. Not a TRA member? Join on-line (Members->Member Join). For help on using our TRA website, click here.|
Did You Miss the JWST Tour Last Month? Don’t Worry!
Over 80 members and guests took a tour of the Aerospace Museum and a visit to the High Bay Observation Deck to see the JWST Spacecraft and Sunshield Assembly. A second tour has been scheduled for Thursday, April 5 at 11 am; reservations for that tour has been closed. But, the satellite will be available to viewing through next year, so we will be hosting additional tours as the integration progresses.
Photos from the February event have been posted! Click here to see the photo gallery.
Are You a Chocoholic?
This event is full, and we’ve closed registration.
Join retired TRW vice president and TRA member David Vandervoet for a special event on April 26. Come and experience a blind tasting of 6-8 premier chocolates produced from cacao pods grown around the world and decide which you like the best.
This event is being held Thursday, April 26, 2018, from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM at the Manhattan Beach Badminton Club. The club is at 516 18th St, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. Light refreshments will be served before the presentation and chocolate tasting.
What’s New on the Site
- The March/April issue of the No Name Gazette is in the mail. To read an on-line version of the No Name Gazette, please click here.
Election Results for 2018 Officers:
Thanks to all of our members who took time to vote. The 2018 Officers will be Mary Ann Chory, President; Al Hausrath, Vice President; Michael Narigon, Secretary; Charles Clendening, Treasurer and Dena Bouskos Immediate Past President. Newly elected Directors are: Carol Schamp, Reggie Jue and Marcy Morrison. Carry-over Directors from 2017 are Jack Trost and Bob Doll. Ballots were received from 25% of our members; 56% by mail and the remainder by website. Our members who responded to our survey questions felt that TRA was exceeding their expectations. We appreciate your kind words with respect to our recent directory, mail pouch column and events. We will more actively encourage and support the development of off-site groups using our San Diego and Huntsville chapters as examples and are looking for volunteers in other geographic locations who would like to work with us.
We have an opportunity to leverage our STEM experience and give back to society by volunteering to tutor under-resourced students. To find out more information, see our post by clicking here.
- For more information about passing of our colleagues, please visit our In Memoriam page. You can also leave a note in the comments. Meanwhile, we are sorry to pass on the following sad news:
- Sandy Behrens wrote to tell us that her dear husband, Will Behrens, passed away suddenly on Saturday, February 3, after a long, valiant battle with Parkinson’s and Dementia. There will be a service at Ascension Lutheran Church, 26231 Silver Spur Road, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90274, on Friday, February 23, 2018, at 11 am with lunch following the service at the church.
- Milstar alumni mourn the passing of Bill Holcombe, who passed away after suffering a stroke. Funeral services will be held Tuesday, Feb. 20 at 10:30 am at Riverside National Cemetery. For info, or to post on the family obituary page, please visit our In Memoriam page.
- Ann Pino informed us that her husband, Leo Pino, passed away February 2. Ann hopes to hold a “Celebration of Leo’s Life” at Grunion’s Restaurant in the near future. Ann would like to hear from Leo’s friends.
If you don’t have contact information, send a note to us at the TRA and we will pass it along.
- We note the passing of Jack Whalen on January 21, 2018, with family by his side at Vista Village Senior Living facility in Vista, CA. A memorial Mass will be held at St. Norbert’s Catholic Church, February 17, 2018 at 2 p.m. For more information, click here.
- Brenda McDowell’s sister let us know that Brenda passed away on January 11, her 66th birthday. Brenda had been hospitalized since October of last year. She was a senior secretary at TRW/NG and supported Don Edwards for many years.
- Jim Troy, who is very active in our Huntsville, AL chapter, wrote us to let us know that his beloved wife Peggy Troy passed away Saturday Nov 18 after a four year fight with pancreatic cancerr. In lieu of flowers the family suggests donations be made to University of Texas-Houston, M D Anderson Cancer Center.
- Tina Lee wrote us to let us know that her father, Albert C. Lee, passed away on September 7 at the age of 92. Albert started as an electrical engineer at Space Technology Laboratories
- Jerry Bullard’s wife, Patricia, wrote I am heartbroken to say that my dear Jerry passed away this morning after a fast-acting return of cancer. I know he would have wanted his work friends to know and to tell them how much he valued the friendship and experiences with his work colleagues. For more info, visit the In Memoriam page
- We have added photos from the San Diego Chapter for their 2016 events. You can see all our photos by navigating from the main menu TRA Events > Past Event Photos
- We have now posted an updated list of NG Clubs. Retirees are welcome to join as associate members. For details, click here.